Friday, December 28, 2007

Winter Holiday Knitting


Hope your Christmas week is going well. It snowed today making it a wonderful day to sit inside and knit.

On Christmas Eve day, I went ice skating in South Lake Tahoe and wore the mittens from class for the first time which made it a double whammy of a special day: learning to ice skate and wearing mittens I made myself.

By the way, are you working on any knitting projects during the holidays? My plan is to make two more open finger mittens and two hats by the end of next week. I've started over on one hat three times now.

I'm still waiting for 100% wool yarn to go on sale for the backgammon set. Have you seen yarn on sale lately? I found three in my yarn stash, but the colors don't look right together.

Can't wait to see you all on January 10; I miss you. It seems to early to say
"Happy New Year!"

1 comment:

baffle said...

Current project: 'One piece ribbed baby sweater - knitted sideways' from an Australian pattern = cm and 3.25 needles and so many things I'm struggling* to understand/translate into knitting terms that I might understand!

* Typical for me!

Enjoy your quiet, snowy, cold day - staying indoors nice and snug and knitting away. See you soon!