Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Week's Update

It's only a week, but I miss you all already.

Baby Items
I heard from Karen M. this week. She writes: "Well after a week's road trip to Washington, I've finally caught my breath and just gotten off the phone with Peace For Families, which is the new women's shelter that was opened. Unfortunately, they had such a huge influx of donated items after the opening, that they simply have no room to store any more items; which, I must say, is really a good thing. However, the women I talked to told me about a place called Kids First, which is just down the road from where we were taking our classes. I talked to them and they said they would love to have the clothing we made in class. Their web site is: http://www.childresources.org/Programs..." The items are being delivered this Friday.


Icon Workshop on May 21, Thursday from 6:30-8:30 at Diana’s
Here's is the information Diana sent us via email and passed around in the last class. I deliberately left out the phone numbers here, so please check the email message sent us on May 5.

"Need the motivation of others to get your icon doll finished (or started!)?
Bring all your materials and we can work together. I have a sewing machine and a hot glue gun, tons of felt, tons of embroidery floss, needles and thread, rick rak, etc.
If you are not making an icon, or are finished with your icon, come anyway and hang out and knit!

Directions:
From Hwy 49 going south, take a right on Nevada St.
Turn right on Mt. Vernon Rd. and go about .2 miles and turn right on Grove Ct. (after the apartments and before Merry Knoll).
Ours is the 5th house on the left, 1245 Grove Ct. We have a shared driveway, please park on the street.

From Hwy 49 going north, turn left at Palm Ave. Palm becomes Mt. Vernon Rd. at the Nevada St. stoplight. Go straight through the stoplight, now you are on Mt. Vernon Rd. and go about .2 miles and turn right on Grove Ct. Ours is the 5th house on the left.

From I-80 West take the Nevada St. exit and continue on Nevada St.
Past the post office and Eisley’s Nursery, turn left on Mt Vernon Rd. and see above.

From I-80 East, take the Maple St. exit.
Turn left and go over the freeway overpass.
Turn left at the stop sign (Placer St.).
At the next stop sign, turn right onto Nevada St.
Continue on Nevada St. then turn left on Mt. Vernon Rd. and see above.

Stuff to know about the Art Walk
http://www.placerarts.org/artwalk/index.html

Thursday June 11th. Venue to be determined. 6:00 p.m. – 9 p.m.

Each icon will have a card labeling the name of the icon and your first and last name. Please email me the exact spelling of both, or you run the risk of having your card not being perfect! You may drop off your icon at the event that night at 5:30, or you may drop it at my house or workplace any time before the event. Call me with any suggestions or questions!"

Club Location Update
Linda wrote that she had a great meeting with ARD that might be a solution for us. I don't know any other details, but I'm glad to hear it was a good meeting.

Take care, everyone. See you at Diana's. Happy knitting!

No comments: