Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer 5

Finished Projects in July

Plastic Grocery Bag Purse
I found a pattern by Michelle Molis at http://mimoknits.typepad.com/knitting/2008/04/index.html that inspired me to make this one (scroll down to April 22, 2008 on her site). I changed the pattern as I went along since I wanted it bigger and was able to clean out my plastic bag stash. I still need to mold it into shape for a cleaner line.

Remember this from May?

Now it is finished.

Has anyone been reading ravelry.com? There are groups on Ravelry with a knitting challenge which is to start a knitting project during the opening ceremony of the Olympics and finishing it before the closing ceremony. It is huge.

4 comments:

baffle said...

Wow!VERY COOL!
You're finishing things this summer like crazy!
You inspire me, big time!

Irene said...

It feels like a burden has lifted off my shoulders having finished all my UFOs. I'm now working on a new project: a beaded scarf.

Liz said...

you are too good!!!! After seeing the girls last week, got inspired from Bev to get my vest finished. She told us about finishing a project with crocheting and that is what I am going to do. Been stuck finishing my vest because of that stupid band, which I won't get into again with any other pattern. So since I want to start some Christmas stuff need to finish my vests!!!!

Irene said...

I'm glad I learned to crochet this year. I finished my vest and this shawl with crochet; it was easier and faster. How many projects do you all have unfinished? We should come up with a rating sheet, like 0-1 UFO excellent, 2-3 very good, 4-5 alright, 6-7 okay, 8-9 oh boy, 10 or more yikes... I'm not sure what an average amount of UFOs is. What do you think?