Friday, June 11, 2010

World Wide Knit In Public Day

Hi. This weekend launches the World Wide Knit In Public Day. The website for WWKiP Day 2010 is http://www.wwkipday.com. They say to pick the day that works best for your community from Jun 12 to Jun 20.

I read that the yarn store in Truckee is hosting a WWKIP Day: the details are below.

United States, California, Truckee
Hosted by: Kelly Hechinger
Location: Lake Tahoe Yarn Company
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Date: June 19, 2010

How to get there:
11008 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA in the Old Gateway Center. Next to the Old Gateway Deli. Just east of the Safeway Center

Please bring:
Bring a chair and your knitting. Gateway Deli is right next door.

The backup plan is:
If it's raining we'll be in the shop!

This KIP is not knitting exclusive.
There are free bathrooms available nearby.

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Hey ALl,
WWKPD sounds fun I will be in Kingvale on Saturday and would like to go. If anyone is interested in going too, I would be happy to take a car load into Truckee from Kingvale. Let me know via email.
Teri

Irene said...

Teri, Thank you for the nice offer. I will email you if I can come. I plan to knit in public on the coast of Half Moon Bay this week.