Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Dates to Remember

Hi. Hope you are enjoying your summer. Happy Birthday to June and July knitters!

Event Dates
Knotty Knitters Potluck, 7/20, 6 pm, Auburn, park near Racetrack Rd
CA State Fair, 7/14 - 8/1, Sacramento
Auburn Art Walk, 8/12, 6 pm


Here is my Yarn Tasting scarf. The idea for the rings came from a book on sculptured scarf designs. A long, narrow scarf can be intertwined through it for another look which is an idea I got from a kit at the Lake Tahoe Yarn Co in Truckee. I couldn't find any scarves in my closet to show you what it would look like. Anyway, if I make rings in different sizes again, I would knit them separate instead of connecting them as I go along. That way, I can rearrange the rings to place the smaller ones between the longer ones.

Have a nice Fourth of July day. Knit and be happy!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I love your scarf Irene! I want to make one. Did you knit I-cords and sew the ends together?
I started a sock yarn blanket like the one Kelly showed us at LTYC. I did find the blanket on Ravelry.
Thanks for keeping up to date on happenings this summer.

Irene said...

Thank you! I CO 10 sts & K in Stockinette until the yarn almost ran out, then I BO and sewed up the ends. I let the sides roll in naturally. I wanted to K in the round with no ends but didn't know how much to do for the limited amount of yarn. It is alittle bulky so I like the i-cord idea. Can't wait to see the blanket. I saw our photo in the LYTC blog.