Monday, July 09, 2007

Summer 5

Hi. How is your summer? In the last week I made a small moebius basket and a cat bed. I wanted to use up all the left over yarns so I thought a cat bed would be a good experiment. It is the largest item I have ever knitted and felted, and I used up at least 7 leftover balls of yarn. I was hoping that it would be as beautiful as the leftover yarn scarf project turned out to be a year ago, but it looks more like an old fashion rainbow design. So besides not thinking about how to lay out the yarn colors before knitting, another mistake I made was guessing that the balls of yarn were all 100% wool; one was not and now I am not sure what is the best solution. Should I cut out the yarn that did not felt and sew the two parts together? Any ideas?

My next project is the donut (doknit) that I shared with some of you at Starbuck's. It is so cute; I found it on Google when I was looking for a yarn shop near Japantown in San Francisco. I found it under a blog titled Kat Knits or you can just type doknit pattern in Google.

I hope to see you at the knitting pool party at Carolyn's house this Thursday. The details are in the last blog or two if you did not get the email a couple of weeks ago. Don't forget to RSVP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene
You must be off having fun somewhere, I hope. What a fun time again at Carolyn's pool party. I am still waiting to see photo of your cat bed creation! Linda L.