Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer 6

Carolyn's Knitting Pool Party


Cat Bed

Hi. It was delightful to be together last Thursday at Carolyn’s knitting pool party. About 12 were present, and some brought their knitting projects while others chatted and/or soaked in the jacuzzi. Jan is almost finished with her entrelac tote bag, and Andrea, from the beginner’s class, was adding a second row of i-cord finish on her bag. Bea is knitting a Halloween vest which is very detailed and cute; I think it is a fair isle design. Diane is knitting a pastel-color Moebius lace scarf. Bev is knitting another pair of socks that look like real store bought socks; the yarn is two shades of brown or brown and black. Candi made darling felted mules (slippers) which I would like to knit some day. I think Julie is making a sweater; the design is like lace and beautiful. Noelle is knitting a project using a yarnover design; it looks very nice but I didn’t ask what it is going to be. Linda L. is knitting a purse to be felted using a paperlike yarn for embellishment. I knitted some donuts that I will put on the blog as soon as I find them – I misplaced them somehow. Carolyn is a wonderful hostess with a beautiful house, and we were all happy that Linda, our instructor, came. We missed everyone who did not attend.

Please note that the next party will be on August 23 in Foresthill at Linda’s house. Directions will follow later.

In case you are interested, the Reno-Sparks Convention Center is having “The Original Creative Festival” on August 17, 18, 19. The admission is $8 on the first day. There are about 27 guest speakers, many vendors, and over 10 workshops per day (fee for each workshop and kit). Many of the classes are related to sewing, quilting, and design. The website is pcmexpo.com. The owner of Gypsy Wind Beads in Auburn will be selling at this event.

That same weekend (August 17-19), the Sacramento Gem Faire is on at the Scottish Rite Temple across from Sac State. There are beads, jewelry, and gems for everyone. The website is http://www.gemfaire.com/. Admission is about $5; a $1.00 off coupon is usually in the Sac Bee Ticket around that time.

Stay cool.

2 comments:

baffle said...

Again, Irene - thank you for your thorough, informative and entertaining blog! Because I also keep a blog and know how important comments are....
here I am - again.

In addition to my sincere compliment - I've also got a query to all:
Has anyone received from KnitPicks - a June or July catalog?
Like many of you, I've been loving the new 'how-to' format of the catalog, and don't want to miss a beat (or a stitch, for that matter).

I wrote to KnitPicks and their reply: there was no 'June', but that the 'summer catalog would be shipping soon'.

Yes?
No?
Maybe so?

Irene said...

Hi Bev, Thank you for your lovely comment. As you know, it's fun to receive comments, and I look forward to them.

I have not received a summer catalog from KnitPicks yet, only from Patternworks.

I will be camping next week in Trinidad off the coast and plan to visit the yarn shops near Eureka and Arcata.

Would anyone like to meet at Starbuck's again on either July 30 or 31?