Saturday, July 21, 2007

Summer 7

Hi. I will be in Trinidad camping so I started the blog a little early for the coming week. I have three pictures to post, but they will not upload today. Sometimes that happens.

I've been on a waiting list for a knitting novel at the Georgetown library so I asked the librarian if there were quite a few knitters here. The librarian, Darby, said a lady comes every Friday to knit and invited me to come knit on Fridays between 1 and 3 p.m. Yesterday Candi and I went to the Georgetown library and knitted with Darby and her friend who had lived off the same street we do. Candi and I took our sweater projects to finish and then went to Curves since it is on our way home. Darby's project is interesting; she is knitting socks made out of scraps of yarn. The pair does not match, but it looks good. She said this way it does not get boring to have to make the same sock twice. I will take my camera next time to show you.

Bev mentioned getting together again at Starbuck's (the one next to Baker's Square, off the Foresthill exit). How about July 30 or 31 (Monday or Tuesday) around 1 p.m.?

Please don't forget the next knitting party that will be at Linda Pietz's house on August 23.

3 comments:

baffle said...

Oooooh - I LIKE the idea of knitting at the library!

Starbucks was a little noisy and the super A/C cooled everyone down a bit too much (still, a good time was had by all because of the great knitting gals who assembled!).

Perhaps we can alternate Fridays between Georgetown and Auburn libraries as a regular thing until summer is officially over? Auburn also has a nice outdoor area 'next door' - grassy and shady and if it's not a super hot day - could be pleasant - bring a cool drink and portable camp chairs....
Just an idea...

Currently, I'm on BabyAlert (grandbaby due on July 31), so will probably not be able to meet on the 30/31st. Boo Hoo but I'm very very excited!

baffle said...

Irene ~
It's very likely I may be home tomorrow, July 30th!
Any nibbles from others in the Knotty group for a knitting circle tomorrow?
I may give you a call in the morning if you don't get a chance to post a reply...maybe the two of us can get together?!
~ Bev

Irene said...

Hi. It's 11:30 and just saw your comment. I can meet today. Candi was interested last week so I will call her. If anyone is interested, please call Bev or I since we will probably meet somewhere else besides Starbucks.